Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Maya Greer Lund

While I was in Israel, Ari got a surprise phone call that our birth mother J was in labor! After trying for so long to call me, he headed to the airport. 

He missed the birth by just a few hours. 

Our adoption agency got a few pictures for us though. 

Karen flew in to be with Ari and help him in Irvine. 

They let me FaceTime with Maya from Israel. 

Here they are checking out of the hospital. 



She was born at 5:03 pm on May third.  She was five pounds and thirteen ounces a birth, but she went home from the hospital at five pounds and three ounces! I think five and three may be her lucky numbers.  She was so tiny that all her hats were too big. 

Here she is with Ari at the hotel. 





I finally got there on Monday, May 7th, when she was four days old, to meet her! 

Ari was texting me not to forget to wash my hands. 

Here I am, the happiest girl ever. 

How lucky are we to get such a beautiful and sweet baby? 

We took her to her doctor's appointment to be weighed again. 

She was back up to five pounds and eight ounces already. 


She is just so tiny. 


She really really loves to eat though, so she was back up to over six pounds by her next appointment. 


Ari flew home to relieve my parents, and I took her to West Hollywood to stay with my friends Eric and Guy. 


I spent lots of time alone as they happened to be out of town for two of those days, so I took lots of pictures of her. 




Maya and I walked around to see the famous sights! 




I love this picture of her side eye. 

On Friday, it was my birthday.  I took myself to a bakery for a treat.  

Then Maya and I walked around and explored Venice Beach. 

I found a stranger to take my picture with Maya so that I never forget my surreal 35th birthday alone with my new daughter. 


Here we are snuggling later that night. 

Here is Maya celebrating her love for Eric. 

On Sunday, which happened to be Mother's Day, I got to have coffee with my adoption agency friend Danielle. 

And more importantly with Maya's birth mother. 


It was so nice to meet her and talk with her in person.  She made me feel so much calmer that she wasn't planning to change her mind.  I'm also so happy to have these pictures for Maya one day when she is older. 



Later that night, Eric and I took Maya to the grocery store to do some shopping. 


Here is Eric with her again. 

Eric and Guy were the best hosts, and they got lots of time with the baby, which is good since they are expecting their own in September. 



This last picture is of me when I found out that our birth mother had officially signed her paperwork! If that happy moment doesn't require a selfie, I don't know what does! 


After my week with the baby, Ari and I traded back again.  I really needed to go to Dallas to see the boys who I hadn't seen in over two weeks because of my trip.  I loved having this special week alone with my daughter to bond though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment