Friday, June 13, 2014

Isaac Samuel Lund


Introducing
Isaac Samuel Lund
6 pounds, 11 ounces - 19 1/4 inches

We got a big surprise this week! I woke up at 3:15 on Thursday morning in labor with Isaac. I thought it wasn't real at first, so I let Ari sleep until about 4:00, when I realized the contractions were definitely coming every ten minutes. By 4:30, they were coming every seven minutes and then suddenly every five. I called my doctor at 5:00, and the doctor on call said to come in, so I got in the shower.  By the time we left the house at 5:30, they were coming every 4 minutes or so. At the hospital the woman in admitting decided that I could go straight back to a room. When they checked me I was already a 7. I was in  A LOT of pain and very worried that I wouldn't get an epidural because it hadn't been 12 hours since my blood thinner.  The nurses ran a panel and decided that I could have an epidural, though I thought they were just lying to try to calm me down. I got the epidural around 7. When they checked me after, I was already at a 10, but they decided I could try to rest and wait for my doctor to push. My doctor came sometime after 8:00, and after just a few pushes, we got to meet Isaac at 8:19 AM. 

Here he is right when I met him.

There are not as many pictures of the birth this time because poor Ari was busy calming me down. 

 Isaac was not sure about how bright it was out of my stomach.

All day he kept opening just one eye. 

He wasn't sure about these people messing with him either. 

He calmed down really quickly though. 

So far he seems to be a really laid back guy. (It's only been 24 hours though.)

Here he is meeting his dad for the first time. 

 Meeting his Mimi

A little close up of his sweet face.

He is still pretty swollen in these. 

Pops got to town to meet him pretty fast. 

This is the earliest my dad has ever gotten to meet one of the boys. Because Isaac was so early, he will even get to come to the Bris for the first time. 

Gram continued her tradition of meeting all the boys in their first few hours around. 

Wanda is now 3 for 3 on the first few hour meetings as well.  She rushed right over to meet him after teaching Vacation Bible School. 

After lunch, Ari brought the boys up to meet Isaac. Here is Zev tickling his toes. 

Tahl wanted to give him a schmata. 

Tahl helped me pick Isaac his own schmatas and a new baby a few months ago. 

Here is T kissing him on the head. 

Tahl had also brought up his own camera to take pictures of the baby. 

 Then the boys got to open the presents that Isaac had bought for them. 

He gave them both new pjs. 

Pops held Isaac again, and this time he even opened both of his eyes. 

 Here is Tahl holding him for the first of what will be many times. 

He was checking him out. 

Zev's turn


The big boys both ate cookies that my friend Ann Marie had brought when she came to visit, and they took another picture with Mr. Isaac. 



This is Tahl's impression of Isaac.  Hopefully Isaac learns to open both eyes at the same time, so this doesn't stick around. 

Before my dad left, he got our first shot as a family of five. 

Ari took the boys back home so I could rest, and I sent him this. I am not a big fan of the "selfie," but it seems to me if there was ever a reason for one, it is a nap with a new sleeping baby. 

How lucky am I? 

We can't wait to spend our second day with Isaac and get to know him even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment