Monday, August 26, 2013

First day of school!

Today was the first day of the school year!  As always I had to take pictures of these guys all morning to commemorate the first day. 

I walked in to find Mr. Z playing magformers, which are still his favorite toys. 

Then he and I went to get Tahl who was in bed. (At least I thought it was the first time Zev had been in Tahl's room..)

This is actually a happy face.  He thought it was funny that I was taking his picture. 

Then he, of course, told me "I still sleeping." 

Then I heard Zev from the other room tell me, "Hey! Take a picture of this!" He had climbed up here where I had loaded stuff on his bed so I could vacuum his room later. 

When I looked down in Tahl's room, I saw this. This is where Zev lays when he sneaks into Tahl's room before 7. He always brings his own stuff and talks to Mr. T. 

Next it was time for a shower.

After the shower, we went to the kitchen, and the boys each found a new book at their seats. They were so excited to get new books for the first day of school. 

Tahl got "Giraffes Can't Dance".

Zev got one of his favorites from the library, "Superhero ABC."

This is Z with a sign from his school. 

He is so excited and proud to be in pre-k. 

I think he looks JUST like his Uncle Oren (or Unkin Ornin) in this one. 

In these hilarious pictures, he was not yelling out "cheese", but instead "octonauts!" Apparently they make him very happy. 

We stopped in the middle of our picture taking because Buby and Buster woke up at 5:45 their time to call Zev and Tahl to tell them to have a great first day!  Thanks Buby and Buster! 

Tahl was busy reading his book. 

Zev got right back to posing big time.

I love this one. Look at that guy looking right at my camera! So proud. 

He went off to read.

Now it was Tahl's turn to pose. I made the mistake of pointing to my mouth to show him how to smile. Whoops. 

It got better. 

He was so proud of his (Zev's old) pink shirt. He thought he looked really handsome. 

This one of them looking at each other cracked me up. 

They started to get a little crazy now. 

I thought this one was cute of Zev. 

Tahl's smile is just a little fake. 

Tahl made that smile for the promise of a jelly bean. Only the healthiest food for the first day of school.

To go with his jelly bean, he had a bagel and yogurt with blackberries. 

Zev had yogurt and his amazing dad made him an egg in a nest, one of his favorites. 

Finally ended up with a cute one with both boys looking when I wasn't even trying to bribe them. 

Here is T on his way into school. 

In the car on the way, Zev told me that now that he was in pre-k, he liked grown up music.  He then requested to hear "Hey Jude" because it is the longest song in the world.  I think after our big jam session, both boys were in a good mood and really relaxed. 

We walked Zev in, and he didn't really need for us to hang around.  I walked Tahl to his room where he sat down and got right to work on the puzzles. He didn't even cry when I left! I truly could not believe it. 
Tahl's teachers said he cried a little bit later, and that he was a little nervous in gym.  They also said he was so sweet, a great listener, and a great helper.  I was so proud of him.

Zev's teachers also told me he had a great day! They said he only cried when he didn't want the day to be over.  They wrote me a note saying he was a great listener and answered all of the questions they asked him about the story (which is the exact opposite of last year). He was most excited that he went to gym, loft, and to blow the shofar.  He was so happy that he got a noise to come out when he blew the shofar. I hope both boys continue to have such a great year.  I love their teachers, and I know they both already do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment