Monday, August 19, 2013

Another week of pictures...

Last week Tahl had a new friend over to play.  They had fun pushing each other around in the baby doll stroller. 



M did not want to sit still for a picture. 

Tahl loves to bring food from his toy kitchen to set up a picnic.  All of his babies are there to eat with him. 

Last Saturday was Zev's last soccer game of the season. 

Here he is in action.  He strongly believes that if he swings his arms in circles while running it will power him up to go faster.  He still does not ever kick the ball. 

Here he is with his team.

He was really proud of his trophy.  We made he and Tahl both a box for their treasures this week.  This went right in there as soon as we got home. 

Tahl has been the best cheerleader at every game.


 After naps we went to a tea party birthday party.  Here is Tahl drinking chocolate milk in his tea cup. 


Zev had a great time too, but I set down my phone to help serve "tea," and I lost it for the rest of the party. 

Here we are later that night at a friend's house for dinner. 

This is all ten kids eating cookie and ice cream sandwiches. 

Later that week we played in the back yard.  I worked really hard to clean the water table and fill it up.  The first thing these guys did was put tons of dirt in it to make mud pies.  Oh well. I didn't really care until they both dunked their heads in. 

Then it was time to skinny dip to get the dirt off. 

Zev actually went swimming in his undies, but after I dried Tahl off and took him in, I came back to this. He told me the water felt "the best ever and so warm, and he could not get out."

Here is Tahl eating lunch with friends at a play date.  These are all friends from his mommy and me at the J. Each of them is starting school for the first time next week.  I'm a little bit nervous.

 Later that day Zev and I built a motorcycle out of magformers.  He insisted that we take some pictures with it. 


He was really proud of it, but that didn't stop him from laying on top of it and crushing it within two minutes.  

While Zev and I were doing magformers, Tahl built this all by himself.  He is just starting to build legos. He likes it, but not as much as Zev did at this age. 

Later that afternoon I found this.  Whenever Tahl really wants his pacifier, he will go in his room and get out his cat and shmatas, then he will lay on top of them with his paci.  When I come in, he says, "Don't take my paci! I sleeping!" He does actually look tired here, but it's usually just an excuse to have his pacifier out of bed.

Last week on Friday, Zev cut his own hair with scissors at school.  Then on Saturday he colored on my library book with a marker. As a consequence, he is grounded from scissors and markers.

 On Sunday, when I was in the shower I came out and found that he had made this and hung it up on the wall by himself. He told me it is a flip flop detector because my shoes are always missing.  I moved it to the window (with a little less tape) and extended his marker grounding. I also learned he can open the child proof locks on our art cabinet.  

After that we went to the grocery store.   I got a lot of stares and giggles when I walked in with Captain Hook and Captain America. 

This guy needs a hair cut, that will be in next week's post. 
 Next week is the last week before both guys start school, so we have lots and lots of fun plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment