Friday, April 12, 2013

Tahl is 2!

Today our sweet Tahl is 2! We celebrated him all day, and the paparazzi followed him around with a camera like usual. Here he is when we snuck in from Zev's room singing happy birthday. 

He had to bust out of his room just like Zev did last year.  He thought this was really fun. 

 "I rip it down!" 

 Here he is receiving his birthday hat (crown?)

Zev wanted his picture made too. He is wearing his favorite pjs, his team Noah shirt. 

Tahl had a big balloon and a pile of presents waiting for him in the kitchen. 


This is a little fuzzy, but they wanted their picture together. 

We have been working really hard to teach Tahl that he is 2.  It really confuses him, but I thought having this giant balloon around for a while might help. 

 We made Tahl pancakes with sprinkles to celebrate. 

 Happy birthday breakfast! 

 Zev was pretty happy with sprinkle pancakes too. 

Tahl thought they were delicious. 

Then it was time for birthday presents! 

Tahl was so excited to get Milli (from Team Umizoomi) to go with his Geo. 

 Tahl also got Umi bath shapes. 

 Could it be another Umi present?

It is an Umi phone! He was very happy with his gifts from Ari, Zev, and I. 

After breakfast, we got dressed and went to the zoo.  Here is Tahl petting a hedgehog. 

Looking at giraffes with friends. 

We had cupcakes with friends.  Zev and Ari made these cupcakes for Tahl last night while I was babysitting.  They were very pink. 

Both guys were pretty pleased with Zev's work. 

 Tahl was holding hands on the slide. I think he likes the older girls. 

Here he is again with his friend Adelynn. 

 Zev was busy hiding out in an egg. 

 You can never see enough ducks on your birthday. 

 or ride enough sheep for that matter... 

 Tahl wanted to ride on the bench.  Lucy and Zoe decided to ride with him.  He's a pretty lucky guy. 

 Tahl took a long nap after the zoo, and then Uncle Scott and Mimi came over to give him gifts and wish him a happy birthday. 

 Here he is with Mimi. 

When she got there, he ran up to her outside, and he told her, "I need me presents." He might be a little mad when he doesn't get anymore presents tomorrow. 

Zev asked me to please take a picture of him on the floor. 

Mimi gave him this Little People zoo that he LOVES. 

 Animals are Tahl's favorite, so he was already having the zoo keeper get them water and feed them. 

Zev liked it too. 

I'm a sucker so I let Tahl have another cup cake in the afternoon.

 We went to Mooyah for dinner.  Here are the guys coloring. 

After a yummy burger, Tahl pulled out a napkin and put it on his face.  He said, "I have the biggest napkin in the world." He might have gotten his love for exaggeration from Zev (who probably got it from me...) 

Here he is telling me, "Now I a COWBOY!" 

Zev had to do it too. 

Tahl was excited to read his new Umi book from Uncle Scott. 

Tahl also was excited to open some clothes from Grandma Dee and Grandpa George. He also got a book (and a check for his savings account) from Grandma Mimi. He is a lucky guy to have so many loving grandparents and great grandparents.

 Last, but not least, here he is getting ready to read books with me before bed.

Tahl really is so smart, funny, and creative.  He has a big imagination and a really silly sense of humor. In fact, he tells me all the time, "I so silly!" We all love spending time with him.

I can't believe my little baby is two! 
We love you Tahli!

No comments:

Post a Comment