Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Portland

Ari and I went on a kids free trip to Portland, Oregon.  First I got a haircut (after over a year).  She cut a lot!

Our first stop after our hotel was the Portland Rose Test Garden. It was beautiful.


 
After that we went to the Japanese garden. It was beautiful, but the only picture I took was of these ducks.
 
The next morning we went to the farmers market and a different craft market.
 
That afternoon we went to a brewery.
 
On Sunday we went on a tour of the Columbia River Gorge. We got to bike through the scenic high way and hike to a few different waterfalls.


























After the tour we went to lunch at one of the food truck pods near by.
 
 
Then it was my turn for a tasting at a cider house.

We walked back to our hotel and happened to pass the iconic Portland sign.

 
We also happened to pass Voodoo Donuts.  We really wanted to try another doughnut place that is supposed to be yummier, but we couldn't make it work, so we decided these were better than nothing.
 
I actually loved my voodoo doll, but they were all too sweet for Ari.

We had so much fun on our trip, and it would not have been possible without the help of my mom, my dad, and Stacy.  Thank you guys so much for watching the kids!  We love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment