Thursday, November 8, 2018

Statue Garden

Tahl had to do a second grade school project to be a person who has passed away for a biography statue garden.  He researched a few people (and after Albert Einstein was already taken) decided to be Jim Henson. 

We used this picture as our inspiration.

I felt like I should get some credit for copying it so well. 

I even went to Home Depot to buy supplies, and then (had Ari) make the kermit I bought on Amazon have an arm Tahl could move. 

He was really excited.  He had his speech memorized weeks in advance.  

Here we all are with our Jim Henson before Ari left to take Isaac on to school. 

Zev came out with the fourth grade later during the morning, so I got his picture with Tahl then.  (After forcing him to go over because in his words "I've already heard Tahl's speech lots of times. I have lots of other kids to see."

Here is Tahl's speech.

My mom got up at 3:30 in the morning to leave Florida to try to make it to Statue Garden.  She drove like a crazy person through traffic to get there one minute before Tahl went inside.  He is so lucky to have such a devoted Mimi. 

I was so proud of how hard Tahl worked to research, write his paper, memorize it, and perform for this event.  He was pretty proud too.  ( I wasn't too sad to share my love of Jim Henson and muppets either. ) 





No comments:

Post a Comment