Friday, March 21, 2014

An Update on Tahli!

Tahl is turning three really soon, and he is going through lots of changes. He gave up his paci a few weeks ago, and now we are working on potty training (again...)  It was going pretty rough for a while there, but it is getting a lot better now.  Tahl wore underwear to school this week, and he has been dry for four days in a row!  I do make him go every hour to two hours, so we are hoping he starts telling us on his own soon. Usually when he has an accident it is a "control issue."  For instance, he will purposely pee on the floor if I put him in time out. ( I just had to stop writing this because he was calling me from his room... I'll just say it really wasn't pretty. Potty training isn't for the weak of stomach...) 


Tahl has really gotten more and more hilarious.  Here he is showing off a Daniel Tiger mask from a birthday party.  Daniel Tiger is his favorite show right now.  


He told me this horsey had a name.  When I asked him what it was, he told me "Horsey Wee John Winterton." Maybe it came from school, but I've definitely never told him anything about a horsey named "Wee John Winterton." 

 He then proceeded to explain to me how it was a flying horse, but only when you push this button in his hand... 

On the way home from the party I had a moment where I just realized that I'm thirty, I drive a minivan, I was listening to the Lion King soundtrack, and I was wearing a TOILET shaped watch on my hand. People kept asking me if I felt old when I turned 30, but it is more the life I lead as a stay at home mom that reminds me I'm not 21 anymore! 

In the past few weeks, another change of Tahl's is that he is trying to give up his nap.  He has only been napping maybe only once every few weeks.  It has been really tough on both of us.  I did find him sleeping one day this week. 

When he woke up though, he had had an accident, and he was really mad at me.  I couldn't get him to put his pants on, so we just went to the park like this. 

Here he is shoeless at the outlet mall because I gave up on his shoes. In fact, Tahl is incredibly stubborn and throws a lot of fits.   He generally begins to rage, and it is hard to calm him down until it just wears off. I used to say that he threw less fits than Zev, but they lasted longer.  Now I would say he throws almost as many as Zev, and they are much more violent. I'm hoping that this big temper is a very small phase. 
That being said, he is just as sweet as his is grumpy. Tahl will always try to get me a paper towel.  If he can't reach one for me, he will rip his in half.  He is more likely to share his food with me than other guys around here.  He also loves babies and is always trying to talk sweet to them and tickle their toes.  He can't wait to meet his little brother. 

Here he is with a frog friend that he named "Avocado." This week he brought me his special kitty cat, and told me she had a name now, and it was "Goat Cheese." 
Tahl is always pretending something.  The jack in the box is the "cave of wonders."  He is Jafar, but only in a costume like Viola Swamp. He is really into Disney movies and stories (like his mom), and especially Lion King and Frozen. We love his imagination.  

There will be more to come about this guy with his birthday coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment