Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Seattle

Ari and I went without the kids (thanks mom!) to Seattle for my friend Dylan's wedding. 

On Friday we rode the ferry to Bremerton for a happy hour with a view of the water. 

I was so excited to see Dylan. 

I might have had a little too much fun. 

Here we are on the way back.


On Saturday Ari and I went to the Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, and the Olympic Sculpture park.  While we were in the Olympic Sculpture park we saw the naked bike riders. Let's just say it was an interesting sight. 

Here is a busker at the market.  He actually was playing the guitar on his head while hula hooping when I started taking this picture. 

I went with Dylan to get my hair done that afternoon.  We had so much fun getting her ready for the wedding. 

The wedding was at the Center for Wooden Boats. It was inside and outside, and the weather was so nice.  I actually got a little cold by the end. 

Ari and I were sure someone would fall in the water by the end of the night, but no one did. 

Here I am with Jessica, another one of Dylan's roommates from college, and her sister Taylor. 

Here I am with the bride, Dylan.  She looked beautiful. 


 The next morning, Ari and I started off the day by going to the EMP in the Seattle Center.  I am such a nerd, and I loved it.  

This is me in one of the thrones from the set of the "Game of Thrones". 


Here are some costumes from the Wizard of Oz. 


The Princess Bride!

Harry Potter!

Ari got to stand next to Christopher Reeve's superman costume. 

Here is a Dalek. If you aren't nerdy enough to know what a Dalek is, don't ask. You might embarrass me. 

They had this really cool shadow thing.  I didn't realize there were going to be altered to look like monsters before I stepped in front of it.  Pretty hilarious. 


That afternoon we went on a bus tour to some of the Washington state wineries.  Here are Dylan and Gabe getting ready for the beer and orange juice mimosas that were served on the bus. 

It was pretty crazy on this bus.


 This is Dylan's family doing a line dance together while driving. 

The weather at the wineries was amazing. 


That night we went to dinner at Dylan's apartment.  This mail box was cracking us up because it still says Jessica and I's names from so long ago. The biggest event of the night was that I ate Indian food! 

 Ari and I went the next morning to see the Chihuly museum.

There was some really beautiful stuff. 




We ate so much good food, and we had a fantastic time.  We did miss our guys though.  My mom was so great watching them for us. 

Here is a picture of Tahl as an angry pirate that I took after I got back.  He was so excited to see me in the morning.
Zev is actually with his grandparents this week in San Francisco.  I will be going to pick him up this weekend.  I hope Rachel is taking lots of pictures, and I will post them on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment