Thursday, January 18, 2018

Bangkok

Ari and I went on a long trip to Thailand over the past few weeks!  Here we are on the plane on our way! 

As always, Ari gets us the best seats for points. 

I just wanted to do like the natives do. 

Ari did too.  He only ordered the Japanese food on our Japan Airlines flights.  I, of course, only ordered the Western food. 

When we made it to Tokyo, I was impressed with the fancy lounge toilet.  Who doesn't need a bidet and a heated toilet seat? 


Ari loved this massage chair. 

I couldn't figure it out the first time, but I finally got it. 

Here is the view from our hotel in Bangkok! 

I thought it was funny that our hotel had a restaurant named Maya in it. 

Our first morning in the city, we had a driver take us to a temple and show us how to be respectful and light a candle and incense for Buddha. 

The street was flooded from a busted pipe or being close to the water, we didn't know. 

There was a market we went to see that is on a train track.  They move the tents when the train comes super fast and then put them back after it passes. 


We went next to a floating market, but sadly it wasn't the one we thought we were going to. 



The next day we went to a flower market and to visit lots of temples. 



This was a famous reclining Buddha.  It was huge. 




Next we went to the Royal Palace and to see the temple of the jade Buddha. 


The buildings were so amazing to look at. 



We went to Chinatown to walk around and eat dinner. 

I found this Scrump doll like I've been looking for since college! 

On our last morning in Bangkok we went to one last temple. 







It was really beautiful.


We made a wish for a lucky year and to get Maya here already! 



I went into this temple, and I was blessed by this monk for a lucky 2018.  How cool is that? 




We rode the ferry up and down the river by our hotel. 


Bangkok was awesome to visit, but it was my least favorite of the three cities on our trip.  It was neat to see how differently people live, see the architecture, and visit temples to learn about Buddhism. 





No comments:

Post a Comment